Wilkommen bei Youdopia.
A Visitors Guide To Youdopia.
There’s a lot to see here, since Youdopia has been online since 2008 (and before here, on blogspot), and I want to show anyone who’s interested (you happy few!) in poking around and seeing all the random stuff I’ve stuck to this virtual fridge.
Actually it’s really straightforward.
Youdopia basically has five types of content,
- Current Events
- Religion (usually archaeology or religious studies. I’m a heretic)
Those five ingredients topple down the chute and get mixed into categories. I have a bunch of them, many of which are obsolete, but there’s a core of categories that are the arteries of Youdopia.
The Main Categories And What They Mean
- Jimmy Page – I love Jimmy Page. He’s awesome. Anything that has to do with him is in this category. There’s a lot of overlap with the Led Zep category, but they’re not identical. You’ll find news, videos, concerts, images… all kinds of fanboy w00ting about all things Zoso.
- Led Zeppelin – They are my favorite band. I have hundreds of their live shows, and I love to post rare performances, news, images, videos, all kinds of cool shit that will appeal to the fan as well as the casual listener.
- Funniest Shit Ever - This is where you will find things that are hilarious. It may be a meme, a comedy bit, a video, a clip from a movie, screenshots… whatever. If you want to laugh, just scroll through this category.
- Coolest Shit Ever -This can be anything. It might be an amazing archaeological discovery, or it might be a cool music performance, or meme, or gadget. Cool hunters inquire within.
- Doodles – Images. Pictures. Lolcats, memes, themes, dreams. Usually it’s an image of some sort.
- Craziest Shit Ever – I’m getting bored now. This has become a hellish, unending torment.
- Free Download – Why are you doing this to me? (These are recordings of concerts that I share with you, because I’m awesome and you want to be friends with me.)
Tips And Seeeeeeeeeeecrets:
I can only really think of one. Click the pictures. I almost always link pictures to relevant pages. Nowadays it will likely be one of the source pages I used to write my post, but the farther back you go, the more tangential, and esoteric the links become. Not everyone will dig it, but it adds another flavor profile to the dish, as it were.
Another tip is to check out the links in the posts themselves. They usually link to the relevant category, or a related post, and thus may provide more of what you’re reading. I try not to dick around too much.